Pharmacy & Prescription Refill Policy
We stock a wide variety of medications in our on-site pharmacy for your convenience.
We also carry some shampoos and non-medicine items (dental chews, food, etc). Please call if you have questions about availability. We ask for you understanding that according to state law, we need to have a current client-patient relationship to prescribe any medication for your pet.
Prescription Refill Policy
At Cornerstone Animal Hospital we strive to provide the utmost in customer service. This includes an onsite pharmacy for your convenience. Prescriptions are an important part of keeping your pet happy and healthy. Please keep a close eye on your pet’s medications for when refills may be necessary.
In order to process your request as quickly as possible we do request the all clients adhere to the refill policy as follows:
- We must have a current exam within the last year in order to fill prescriptions.
- We require 24 hours’ notice on all prescription refills. This includes heartworm/ flea prevention and prescriptions to be called into an outside pharmacy. While we strive to have all prescriptions filled the day they are requested, this may not be possible for a variety of reasons. 24 hours notice will allow our staff to get doctor approval or place your prescription on order if needed. We will do everything we can to fill the prescription much sooner, but this policy is in place due to some days where emergencies, surgeries, or other pressing patient care matters prevent us from immediately refilling prescriptions.
- Should a patient require the medication be ready within the same day, a $5 “urgent refill” fee may be assessed.
- All prescriptions called in on Saturday will be processed on Monday. Again, should a client require their medication before noon on Saturday a $5 “urgent refill” fee will be assessed.
- Additionally, please be aware that some medications are special order and can require 48 hours or more for delivery.
Prescriptions that have left the hospital, regardless of whether they have been opened, CANNOT BE RETURNED. Our medications are regulated by the Federal Drug Administration (FDA) and are subject to the same rules as human pharmacies. This includes heartworm and flea prevention.
We appreciate your assistance in allowing our staff to focus on providing outstanding care to our clients and patients. Thank you!
“Dr. East is the best! My Bear and Tank love seeing everyone. Thank you guys for always taking care of my doggos!”